Quick-Access To The Best iPad Holders for Mic Stands 👇
|Our Top Picks||Brand|
|Top Pick||🏆 ChargerCity Heavy Duty 4-Way Multi Joint microphone stand|
|Runner Up||🥇 IK Multimedia iKlip Xpand universal mic stand support|
|Budget pick||🥈 Neewer Adjustable Music Stand|
|LyxPro TSM1||LyxPro TSM1 Music Stand Mount Holder|
|ChargerCity 360||ChargerCity 360° Bendy Microphone Stand Clamp Mount|
There are many great accessories designed to cradle and grasp your iPad with unrelenting reliability. These universal tablet holders allow for hands-free use of pretty much any tablet… and even some phones. They are designed to clamp onto the side of microphone stands or pretty much any pole-like object.
In this article, we share some noteworthy features and review a variety of the top models available on the market today. Out of the 7 that we feature here, you’re almost guaranteed to find the perfect one for you.
Let’s dive in!
The ChargerCity Heavy Duty 4-Way Multi Joint microphone stand stands out as a great, heavy duty solution that is well made and will fit any flat-edged tables, desks, or counters, as well as any Music Mic Stand, Wheel Chair, Hospital Bed Pole Bar (Up to 2 inches), etc.
In This Article table of contents section with links to applicable sections in the article:
In This Article
Top iPad Holders for Mic Stands
The ChargerCity 4-Way Mic Stand Clamp is our top pick. This holder gets 5 stars from us due to its superb build quality and heavy duty construction. The part that holds the iPad or tablet itself is made out of plastic… but the clamp and arm are made of sturdy and durable aluminum alloy.
During our research, this iPad mount proved to be incredibly versatile, allowing use on tripods, microphone stands of varying design/size, narrower bed frames, and typical office style desks.
Musicians would find great use of its features, as it allows for clamping at the side of a microphone stand, while retaining the ability to hold the microphone itself. This iPad holder also works great in a variety of other instances that would benefit from hands-free tablet use.
Review after review describes the ChargerCity 4-Way Mic Stand Clamp as one of, if not the, best iPad holders for a mic stand currently available.
ChargerCity Heavy Duty 4-Way Multi Joint Microphone Stand Key Features:
- Fits all kinds of edges
- Fits any tablet with a 7 to 12 inch screen, with or without a case or skin
- 4WAY Adjustable aluminum Interchangeable arm
- 360° Rotation Lock C-clamp
- Aluminum Alloy construction Clamp Mount: lightweight and strong
- Compatible with virtually all tablets and mobile devices
For those looking for an easy-to-use, well-put-together tablet stand holder, the iKlip Xpand will handily get the job done.
The IK Multimedia iKlip Xpand universal mic stand support is among the best options for pros looking to replace a traditional sheet music stand with an iPad or another tablet. With a list price of $49.99, it is among the more expensive options… but it boasts the quality and performance to match the premium price-point.
This stand support for iPad is perfect for musicians who wish to bring their favorite apps on the stage. Guitar players may find this useful for using real-time effects processor apps to cut down on bulky pedals.
The IKlip Xpand stand holder is also incredibly flexible and secures nearly any tablet with a screen size of 7 to 12.9 inches. Rubberized “Gorilla Grip” ensures that the finish or screen of the device is not marred or damaged. A ball joint global positioning system allows for precise adjustment, and the best viewing angle of the iPad or tablet.
Attachment to a microphone stand of up to 1.2″ (30mm) is made with a large gripped thumb screw.
The IK Multimedia iKlip Xpand certainly deserves the runner-up spot!
IK Multimedia iKlip Xpand Universal Mic Stand Support Key Features:
- Universal expandable microphone stand mount for all tablets and iPad models
- Expandable arms can hold all popular tablets sized 7″ to 12.9″
- Smart bracket design leaves buttons and ports free from obstruction
- Ball joint global positioning system provides easy adjustment for the best viewing angle and free rotation between portrait and landscape orientations
- Adjustable mic stand clamp can be mounted on a vertical pole or horizontal boom with a diameter of up to 1.2″ (30mm)
At the price of $18.99, the Neewer Adjustable Music Microphone Stand Tablet Mount is almost half the cost of the other mounts, and clearly offers the best value of the bunch.
Although it is priced pretty low, this tablet holder is compatible with the iPad and certainly does not lack the durability and robust build quality the top two pride themselves in. The plastic and aluminum construction holds up great to the abuse that often comes with life on tour. This item supports a variety of tablet sizes due to its flexible expansion ability.
The unit can be stowed easily, and is lightweight for easy transport. Mounting is versatile, and it can either be mounted at the side of an aluminum alloy pole bar or at the end of a 5/8″ screw thread stand or pole end.
Once attached, the iPad can be rotated 360 degrees for optimal angles while viewing. The Neewer Adjustable Mic Stand Tablet Mount can even accommodate iPad cases, so you don’t have to worry about slipping them on and off every time you use it.
Neewer Adjustable Music Mic Microphone Stand Tablet Mount Key Features:
- It fits most tablets and smartphones from 6″ to 9.7″
- It can be adjusted in 2 ways: Tilt 180° for the best viewing angle; Swivel 360° for portrait / landscape viewing
- Made of metal and solid black plastic
- No tools required for easy installation and use
- It can screw on any kind of stand or telescope arm, or clip on any pole, including microphone stands, music sheet stands, drum & cymbal stands, etc.
Though these three didn’t quite make the top picks, depending upon budget and availability here are a few others you may need to consider.
A noteworthy feature of this universal tablet holder, is its range of size adjustment. This allows it to accommodate a wide variety of devices, from smart phones to full size tablets ranging from 3″ to 11.5″ in screen size. You can be assured that you’ll be able to easily find the best angle to view comfortably.
- Adaptable Smart Design – Fully adjustable frame & support arms
- Landscape or Portrait Viewing – convenient 360 degree swivel action lets you change orientation
- Flexible Tilt Adjustment – stand holder easily moves up, down, left and right
- Versatile Microphone Stand Mount – Multipurpose holder easily attaches to any microphone stand, music sheet stand, drum stand, cymbal boom & more
- High Quality Construction – Durable, lightweight device suits a variety of home & professional applications
The best viewing position can be attained by bending its long, snake-like flexible neck that connects the pole clamp to the holder itself.
- Included spring-loaded holder is compatible with most tablets
- Holder includes 8 support legs
- Adjustable mounting base has two height settings.
- 12-inch flexible neck with c-clamp base for table, counter, and post and rail mounting
- ChargerCity Direct Manufacture Replacement Warranty
AccessoryBasics EasyAdjust Mic Stand Tablet Mount
- New Innovative design compatible with all 7″ to 12 inch screen sized tablets
- Securely attaches to upper post of the microphone stand, cymbal stand, or boom post
- 360° Swivel Adjust ball joint for maximum viewing adjustment
- Too-free mount installation for effortless installation
Hola! Music Tablet Holder
The Hola! Music Tablet Holder can also be affixed to a mic stand by standard 5/8″ threads, or on a pole bar music mic up to 1 1/4 inches.
- Use your tablet to make playing and sharing music simple!
- From 6 to 15 Inch screen – Smart design allows mounting MOST tablets and smartphones available on the market to your microphone or music stands.
- Swivels 360 degrees for portrait or landscape viewing.
- Tilt adjustment for best possible viewing angle.
- Can be clipped to any available pole, microphone stand, or music stand.
Who Should Buy An iPad Holder For A Mic Stand?
iPads are often used by musicians instead of paper binders nowadays… and for good reason. If you need your scales, notes, lyrics, or sheet music directly in front of you and available at a moment’s notice, then an iPad (or another similar tablet) actually boasts a lot of advantages.
But unfortunately, iPads are quite breakable… and it can be easy to damage them if they get knocked down.
For this reason, propping up your iPad on some kind of music stand really isn’t the best option. Not only will this leave your iPad more vulnerable to damage, but it will also make it more difficult for you to be able to see the screen.
The best answer to all of these problems, however, lies in buying an iPad holder for your mic stand.
If you buy the right type of iPad holder, you can swivel it around, secure your iPad safely, and always see your notes with clarity.
This will help to minimize stress as you perform, but it will also help you to protect your expensive iPad from falling down and getting damaged during a practice or performance.
Important Features To Consider
There are a number of features you should consider before buying any sort of iPad holder for a mic stand. Here are some of the most important things to watch out for.
- It Must Be Able To Secure Itself Effectively To A Mic Stand
Something that you don’t want to mess with is a tablet holder that may fall off the stand while in use. So make sure that your holder has a secure mechanism in place for attaching itself to a mic stand. This is probably the most pivotal part of the product to get right… as your iPad won’t do you any good if it’s laying on the ground!
- It Must Be Able To Swivel
Viewing angle is super-important when it comes to using an iPad for sheet music. If the tablet is tilted away even slightly, it can really wreak havoc on your ability to see what you’re doing. For best results, find a tablet holder that has some kind of swivel mechanism, so that you can quickly and easily adjust the viewing angle.
- The Tablet Must Be Held Securely In Place
Whatever gripping mechanism is used to hold the tablet in place must be strong enough to hold it securely. You obviously don’t want your tablet coming loose and falling because it isn’t being gripped tightly enough.
For best results, try to find a high-quality tablet holder that will not only attach securely to a mic stand, but that will also hold your tablet without the danger of it coming loose. Our favorite for this purpose is the ChargerCity 4-Way Mic Stand Clamp.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best iPad Holder For A Mic Stand?
The answer to this question will vary based on a few different factors. But for the most part, the best iPad holder is going to be the one that can secure your tablet safely while also giving you the best possible viewing angle, with as little headache or trouble as possible.
We really liked the ChargerCity 4-Way Mic Stand Clamp for this exact reason, though there are also others on the market that will do the trick. We’ve taken a close look at 7 of them in this review.
How Much Should You Spend On An iPad Holder?
As a general rule, you are going to be spending more for a tablet holder that connects to a mic stand than you will for a simple holder that is meant to rest on a flat surface or table.
But it is also true that there are more moving parts on this type of a device… which makes it more complex!
Our favorite budget pick was the Neewer Adjustable Music Microphone Stand Tablet Mount. We liked it because it did everything we expected and needed in an iPad holder, but was also priced at under $20… which is awesome.
What Are The Most Common Pitfalls To Look Out For When Buying An iPad Holder?
The most common issues to look out for are not getting a holder that is compatible with your device, not getting a holder that will securely lock to a microphone stand, and not getting a holder that will actually, securely grip your tablet.
Another very common complaint that we get is that some stands don’t swivel enough to give you maximum visibility. So you definitely want to check that out before you decide to purchase one.
If you’re looking for the best iPad holder that money can buy, then hopefully we’ve helped you to narrow down your choices… or at least start the search on the right foot!
But honestly, any of the options presented in this review are going to do a great job.